@brentcopeland

How do you like my brent beard? Isn't that crazy? All the brents on this page (beside the actual brent, the xbox avatar and the minecraft brent) were created by incredible artist from the DWP community.

This site is really just a place for me to stick up my podcast feed, but I figured why not just put links to stuff about me around it as well. Like we all need those.

If there is something you feel missing from this site, just let me know, and I may or I may not add it to the site.

<3

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Goings on...

Posted by Brent Copeland Wednesday, April 18, 2012

There's a ton of stuff going on right now.  Working at Curse has me super busy every day and then after work, trying to get back into filming when I have time for the dead workers.  Then of course on the weekends, there is the Shaft.

In between all of that, I am also using Instagra.am as a creative outlet, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit.  I've always had fun editing images, but that has always been in photoshop, and I haven't really had the chance or reason to play around in PS lately.   My wife introduced me to a ton of cool apps on the iPhone, and after seeing the incredible images she creates using nothing but an iPhone, it sparked me into trying my hand at it as well.   (Take a look at her photos, she is "Gooniegirl" on IG)  Incredible stuff.  Truly.  She has changed the way I view the world with her spark and passion for photography.

I've also been trying out quite a few new games and betas.  Playing League of Legends some with friends at work, and trying the betas for the World of Warcraft expansion, as well as the Diablo III expansion.  And then finding time to play and record let's plays for DWP in Minecraft.

It's a very busy time for me, and I'm finding that it's really taking too much of my personal life.  I'm trying to spend less time gaming, and more time with the family and kids.   Games come and go.  In 10 years, there will be completely new games, and I'll have just as much fun playing those.  Every day that goes by is one less I don't get to spend with my kids and family.  How important that is, really didn't strike me until recently.

My son and I play some of the same games, but I won't him to understand what took me over 30 years to figure out as well.  Games are fun, but they aren't a substitute for life.  They should be played in conjunction with it, and not instead of it.  Keep a mental flow chart going, and if there is an option to spend moments with a friend or family, take that fork.    Don't get me wrong.. i've made tons of friends in games as well, and there are tons of benefits for gaming.  I am in no way saying don't play games!  I love games, and I will continue to game, and I think it's a great form of entertainment.  There are tons of benefits for gaming.  Seriously.  I think my son is in Space class and doing great in school partly because of games.  Same with my daughter.  They are both SOOOO smart, and in part I blame games... The other part is a great pair of genes to start with ;)

Not really sure what I'm saying!   Think I'll go play tennis with my kids instead of figure it out right now... See you all in a bit.

-B

0 comments

Post a Comment

    instagr.am

    Klout